Nazca Lines Viewing Tower Tour
Nazca Lines Viewing Tower Tour departing from the city of Nazca
The Nazca Lines are one of the world’s greatest archaeological mysteries. The lines consist of patterns and pictures etched in the ground, crisscrossing a wide area of flat desert.
The Nazca Lines are a series of geoglyphs located in the Nazca Desert, a high arid plateau that stretches 53 miles or more than 80 kilometers between the towns of Nazca and Palpa on the Pampas de Jumana in Peru. They are believed to have been created by the Nazca culture between 200 BC and AD 600. There are hundreds of individual figures, ranging in complexity from simple lines to stylized hummingbirds, spiders, monkeys, fishes, whales, llamas and lizards.
Some lines measure up to 10 km (7.5 miles) in length, and yet remain perfectly straight.
Why book this experience
- if you don’t want to fly because you are afraid of heights.
- if you couldn’t book your flight in advance.
Nazca Lines Viewing Tower Tour Itinerary:
Day Activity: You will be picked up from your hotel in Nazca and taken in our vehicle and then we will drive you to the north of Nazca City along the Pan-american road where is located in the same Nazca Lines area. Once we get there we will make our first stop at the natural lookout point call the Colina where we will be able to see several stretch and enormous lines convergent or divergent on this small hill, and also good place to realize how they could made the Nazca Lines.Continuing the tour we will stop for second time at the Nazca Lines Viewing Tower to see mainly two figures the Hands and Three, there were another figure was the Lizard but now just is possible to see the fingers of the lizard because when was built the road the worker did not realize about this figure and they cut it.
After we will continue going to the Maria Reiche museum in the Ingenio Valley, here we will enjoy breathtaking with the job of Maria Reiche there are many maps trying to understand why was Nazca Lines made?
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped back your hotel in Nazca..
- Hotel pick- up and drop-off Roundtrip Transportation from select Nazca hotels.
- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish).
- Stop at the natural lookout point ”Colina”.
- Stop at the Nazca Lines Viewing Tower + entrance fees.
- Visit to the Maria Reiche Museum + entrance fees.
- 2½ hours.
First Departure time and Last Departure:
- From:7:00 Hrs To 16:00 Hrs.
- This tour must be booked at least 1 week in advance of your tour departure
- The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination.
We will happily answer any logistical questions you may have
Don’t forget to bring your camera and binoculars…!