Nazca Lines Flight from Nazca Airport
Nazca Lines flight is the main attraction in town and we have the expertise and local know-how to ensure you have the best Nazca Lines flight for groups and private flights for couples.
True, we also are providing private Nazca lines flights for couples.
The Nazca Lines figures were drawn in the desert of Sudewestern Peru by ancient Nazca peoples. The drawings were created on such a large scale is such that the shapes can be readily discerned only from the air.
Who made the Nazca Lines?
leading to a variety of theories about their purpose the Nazca Lines were mainly created in the time of the Nazca civilization which flourished in the area from 200 BC to about 600 AD. however, there is evidence that previous civilizations were using the Nazca plateau and they are the Paracas civilization. petroglyphs, graves, pyramids, houses, and other ruins of these civilizations have been found near the lines.
Characteristics of the Nazca lines’ geography and terrain:
- he area of the Peruvian desert in which the Nazca Lines were drawn is parallel to the Andes and the Pacific Ocean.
- Thanks to the Humbolt current plus the Andes create a desert wheater with no rain.
- The desert is not sandy but made of dark red surface stones and soil with lighter-colored subsoil beneath.
- The lines were created by clearing, removing away the darker upper layer (small rocks eroded from foothills to reveal the lighter subsoil or ground.
The lines would have taken a long time to create, several generations, perhaps up to five centuries, and many people contributed to their creation.
As to the purpose of the Nazca Lines. It seems incredible that such simply-made drawings have survived for so many hundreds of years.
some have seen a mysterious element to this. But there is also a natural explanation: the surface is made of stone, not sand, and the climate of the area is such that there is practically no erosion. True it seems that The Nazca people chose an excellent place for an enduring monument.
The Nazca Lines include straight lines and geometric shapes as well as stylized depictions of animals, humans, and plants.
Classic Map of the Nazca Lines flight:
Why book this experience
- Fly over one of the most mysterious shapes and lines on earth.
- Check off your bucket list and fulfill the dream of a lifetime.
- A classic highlight of Peru.
- The Nazca Lines has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1994.
- UNESCO wrote, “They are the most outstanding group of geoglyphs anywhere in the world and are unmatched in their extent, magnitude, quantity, size, diversity and ancient tradition to any similar work in the world.”
Itinerary for our Nazca Lines flight:
08:30 hrs. You will be collected from your hotel in the city of Nazca and taken in an air-conditioned vehicle to the Maria Reiche Airport where you will board a light aircraft for a memorable Nazca Lines Flight.
08:50 hrs. Our certified local tour guide will accompany you on this tour to assist you during the check-in process (passport copies & weight measurement on an electronic scale) ending this procedure in the meantime we are waiting for our flight time our local tour guide can give you a briefing for the aerial circuit, introductions about the nazca Lines and tell you advice to don’t get sick when you are flying over the famous NAZCA LINES.
Remember the flight over the Nazca Lines will cover the expanse of the stony Nazca desert, the surface of which is scarred by big drawings and geometrical shapes. The flight lasts 35 minutes and is the best way to see these fascinating lines and drawings that have intrigued people for years. Here, you will spot various figures drawn on the stony surface of the Nazca desert, representing animals and stylized as the famous Hummingbird, and plants, distributed in a huge labyrinth of lines, trapezes, triangles, and hairsprings which have been preserved for almost 2000 years. They are the most incredible remains that an ancient culture has left behind. These designs, some of them as long as 500 meters, can be truly appreciated only from the sky at an altitude of 1,500 feet.
Return to the Nasca Airport
At the end of the Nazca Lines Flight, you will be dropped back at your hotel in Nazca or the bus terminal.
Sizes of aircraft in Nazca airdrome:
- Fly over the Nazca lines by Cessna Airplane 172 (for couples)
- Fly over by Cessna Grand Caravan for groups (12 passengers).
- or for family groups (05 people) by Cessna Airplane 206,207.
Inclusions on this air tour:
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off roundtrip Transportation from selected hotels in the city of Nasca.
- If you are arriving from Lima, Arequipa, or Cusco early in the morning, just let us know the bus company name and the approx. time of your arrival to pick you up.
- briefing by a local tour guide
- projection of a video about the Nazca Lines at the airport
- 35 minutes Sightseeing Flight over the Nazca lines.
- Nazca Lines maps for tour circuit
Exclusions on this air tour:
- Airport Tax (S/. 30.00 per person)
- Boleto Turistico Parcial (S/.47.00 per person)
- Daily Nazca Lines Flights from the Nazca Airport / Panamerican Road Km.450.
First Departure time and Last Flight:
- The flight is available from 9:15 hrs. to 15:30 hrs.
- but flying during the morning is far preferable to flying in the afternoon.
Return time of your Classic Nasca Lines flight depending on the season:
- Low Season of tourists: the total operation for this flight can take 2 hrs. approximately (sometimes there are short delays before flights start in the meantime our tour guide will provide an excellent introduction to ancient Nazca people, Nazca Lines, and the airplane tour).
- Peak Season (our winter season is your summer season): The exact departure of the flight will depend on weather conditions and air traffic on the same day, please remember during this season is cloudy and foggy on the plateau where are the Nazca Lines.
Additional Information about your Nazca lines flight:
- In case you come directly to the airport from Lima, Paracas or Ica driving your own car. please provide the necessary information about your departure time from any city you come to calculate your arrival and wait for you and to provide this memorable flight.
- The Control tower at the airport in Nasca designates altitude/levels for the Classic Nazca Lines flight, the altitude for the first level is 2500 feet and the second level is 3000 feet.
- The altitude or level where the lines are is 1824 ft. with respect to sea level. This means that by flying at 2500 ft. you will be flying over only 676 ft. off the ground and 1176 ft. if you fly to 3000 ft.
- This flight must be booked at least 1 day in advance of your tour departure.
- The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination.
- We will happily answer any questions about your classic flight over the Nazca lines.
- Apart from the city of Nazca we also can provide you with other alternatives such as the flight over the Nazca Lines from Ica and the flight from Pisco airport, please feel free to ask any questions about these tour services.
- alternative to booking a separate flight we also can arrange your transportation by bus or private vehicle see our multi days tours.
- for the reservations of the classic Nasca Lines flight, we will require certain information from you such as:
*Participant’s full names:
*Dates of birth:
*Hotel address in Nazca: or bus company name If you are arriving the same day (morning).
*Date of the Nazca lines flight:
Participant air tour restrictions:
- Participants weighing over 300 pounds (136 kg) must book an additional seat to accommodate weight restrictions.