Nazca Lines Flight from the Maria Reiche Neuman Airport (450 km. far from Lima)
The Nazca Lines are giant figures and lines drawn in the desert of Sudewestern Peru by ancient Nazca peoples. The drawings were created on such a large scale is such that the shapes can be readily discerned only from the air, leading to a variety of theories about their purpose. The Nazca Lines were created in the time of the Nazca civilization, who flourished in the area from 200 BC to about 600 AD. Graves and ruins of their civilization have been found near the lines. .
The area of the Peruvian desert in which the Nazca Lines were drawn is parallel to the Andes and the Pacific Ocean. The desert is not sandy, but made of dark red surface stones and soil with lighter-colored subsoil beneath. The lines were created by clearing away the darker upper layer to reveal the lighter subsoil. The lines would have taken a long time to create, perhaps several generations, and many people contributed to their creation. As to the purpose of the Nazca Lines .
It seems incredible that such simply-made drawings have survived for so many hundreds of years, and some have seen a mysterious element to this. But there is also a natural explanation: the surface is made of stone, not sand, and the climate of the area is such that there is practically no erosion. The Nazca peoples chose an excellent place for an enduring monument.
The Nazca Lines include straight lines and geometric shapes as well as stylized depictions of animals, humans and plants.
Why book this experience
- Flight over one of the most mysterious shapes and lines on earth.
- The Nazca Lines has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Itinerary For Nazca Lines Flight:
Day Activity You will be picked up from your hotel in Nazca and taken in an air-conditioned vehicle to the aerodrome where you will board a light aircraft for a memorable Nazca Lines Flight. A bilingual guide (English/Spanish) will accompany you on this tour.
This flight over the Nazca Lines will cover the expanse of the stony Nazca desert, the surface of which is scarred by gigantic drawings and geometrical shapes. The flight lasts exactly 30 minutes and is the best way to see these fascinating lines and drawings that have intrigued people for years. Here, you will spot various figures drawn on the stony surface of the Nazca desert, representing animals and stylized plants, distributed in a huge labyrinth of lines, trapezes, triangles and hairsprings which have been preserved for almost 2000 years. They are the most incredible remains that an ancient culture has left behind. These designs, some of them as long as 500 meters, can be truly appreciated only from the sky at an altitude of 1,500 feet.
Return to the aerodrome.
At the end of the Nazca Lines Flight, you will be dropped back your hotel in Nazca.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off roundtrip Transportation from select Nazca hotel.
- If you are arriving from Arequipa or Cusco, just let us know the bus company name and the approx. time of your arrival to pick you up.
- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- Projection of video about the Nazca Lines at the airport
- 30 minutes’ Sightseeing Flight over the Nazca lines.
- Nazca Lines maps.
- Airport Tax (S/. 30.00 per person)
- Daily Nazca Lines Flights from the Nazca Airport / Panamerican Road Km.450.
First Departure time and Last Flight:
- the flight are available from:7:00 hrs. to 14:30 hrs.
- but flying during the morning is far preferable to fly in the afternoon.
Return time of your flight:
- Low Season: the total operation for flights can take 2 hrs. (Sometimes there are short delays before the flight, meanwhile we will be able to watch a video film to get more information about Nazca Lines).
- High Season: The exact departure of the flight would depend on weather conditions & air traffic, please remind we are in wintertime.
Additional Information about your Nazca lines flight:
- This flight must be booked at least 4 day in advance of your travel date if your are going to do it through our website.
- The confirmation voucher includes the local activity operator’s contact details and local telephone numbers at the destination.
- We will happily answer any questions about your classic flight over the nazca lines.
- Apart of the city of Nazca we also can provide you services from the Ica and Pisco airport, please feel free to ask any question about these services.
- we will require certain information from you in order to book your classic flight over the nazca lines such as :Participant’s full names:
Hotel address in Nazca: or Bus company name: If you are arriving the same day (morning).
Date of the Nazca lines flight:
- Participants weighting over 300 pounds (136 kg) must book an additional seat to accommodate weight restrictions.
Don’t forget to bring your passport and camera …!!
- * As maximum the day before of the flight is required to provide excellent service.
- * the cost will be increased in 10% during the high season of tourist (June, July and August).
- * local airport tax must be paid in person minutes before to board the aircraft.