Flight Over The Nasca & Palpa Lines from the Nasca Airport
Flight Over The Nasca & Palpa Lines from the Nazca Airport
On the slope of the hills that extend in much of the territory of the province of Palpa have been discovered new zoomorphic and anthropomorphic figures that confirm that the design and the elaboration of the first geoglyphs were made by another pre-inca civilization called Paracas and the late period of its development 600-100 BC. So this mean long before the Nazcas start to built their own geoglyphs. After a series of physical investigations that included analysis of carbon 14, as well as of luminescence to the sediments that form part of this set of drawings, and of the discovery a year ago in the valley of Palpa of the archaeological settlement of Jauranga.
In the valley of Palpa there are the settlements of Mollaque, Casablanca or Cerro Paracas and Jauranga, which were permanently occupied by this culture. They were stable settlements, with settlers dedicated to the agriculture, the cattle ranch and also to the artisan production. They made very fine pottery and although there is still no evidence of their famous textiles, it has been determined that they were not wandering populations.
There was probably a ruling class and priests who devoted themselves to producing images that remained in the minds of their settlers and through them to express their beliefs, cults and rituals possibly linked to water.
This occupation occurred with certainty between 600 and 550 BC. And included even until the beginning of our era and the subsequent appearance of the Nazcas, in this set of fifty figures, which form part of a great cultural complex and artistic expression of this ancient civilization, are represented human beings (royal family), animals (birds, monkeys, felines) Paracas divinity). The two figures that have been found between the slopes and representing this divinity are the first representations in geoglyph of the main god of Paracas culture, which always appears in his famous textiles (mantles) and beautiful pottery.
Why book this experience
- Flight over one of the most mysterious shapes and lines on earth
- The Nazca Lines has been designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Enjoy with one of the most intriguing figure / Cruz de Palpa
The day of activity you will be collected from your hotel in Nazca and taken in an air-conditioned vehicle to the airfield where you will board a light aircraft for a memorable Flight over Nazca Lines and Palpa Lines. A bilingual guide (English/Spanish) will accompany you on this tour.
This flight over the Nazca Lines will start covering the expanse of the stony Nazca desert, the surface of which is scarred by gigantic drawings and geometrical shapes then passing the valley of Ingenio we will be flying over the zoomorphic and anthropomorphic figures at the end you will be able to fly over the aqueduct of Cantalloc.
The flight lasts exactly 55 minutes and the altitude of flight will depend of air traffic and control tower (can be over 2,500 or 3000 feets.)
Return to the aerodrome.
At the end of the Flight, you will be dropped back your hotel in Nazca.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off Roundtrip Transportation from select Nazca hotel
- Bilingual guide (English / Spanish)
- Projection of video about the Nazca Lines at the airport
- 55 minutes’ Sightseeing Flight over the Nazca & Palpa lines
- Nazca and Palpa Lines maps.
- Local airport Tax (S/. 30.00 per person).
- Daily Nazca and Palpa Lines Flights
First Departure time and last Palpa Flight:
- From:7:00 hrs to 14:30 hrs
Return time of your Palpa overflight:
- Low Season: the total flight time can take 1:30 Hrs. (Sometimes there are short delays before the flight, meanwhile we will be able to watch a video film to get more information about Nazca Lines).
- High Season: The exact departure of the flight would depend on weather conditions & air traffic, please remind we will be during wintertime.
Additional Info about your flight:
- This Flight must be booked at least 01 week in advance of your aerial tour date if your are going to do it through our website.
- We will happily answer any questions about this special and long flight over the Nazca lines and Palpa Lines Peru.
- since this flight normally is not common we require two participants as minimum otherwise you must assume the cost of one passenger.
- we will require certain information from you in order to book it such as :Participant’s full names:
Hotel address in Nazca:
Date of the Special flight:Service Payment in advance: deposit of 50 % as minimum
- Once again we let you know that we require a minimum of 2 participants.
- Participants weighing over 300 pounds (136 kg) must book an additional seat to accommodate weight restrictions.
Don’t forget to bring your passport and camera …!!